Kenny Chesney is going mobile. He has released a package of apps designed to bring the experience of his albums and live shows directly to fans with a variety of interactive and social media features. Available for iPhones, iPads, Androids and Apple computers, the apps are the first of their kind, combining Kenny’s No Shoes Radio station, web store and social channels into one experience. Kenny was personally involved in their creation. Download them here.
“I wanted these apps to be an extension of my albums and shows,” Kenny said. “Even in the middle of the winter, fans can open up the app wherever they are, listen to a little No Shoes Radio, take a photo that looks like it came straight out of my music video, and feel like they’re back at the party all year long.”
“The evolution of radio continues to put more power into the hands of the consumer, and these apps allow No Shoes Radio fans to listen wherever they are – in the car, on their boat, on the beach – and on even more of their devices,” No Shoes Radio Program Director Jon Anthony said.
Some of the apps’ key features include:
- Listen to songs hand-picked by Kenny through No Shoes Radio. Fans can keep their friends up to date on what they’re listening to through Facebook and Twitter and also request songs. On the mobile version, a variety of skins are available to customize the station’s background.
- Purchase tickets to concerts and view a countdown to the show you’re attending while listening to No Shoes Radio, which can be shared through social media. Fans can also access a map for driving directions and purchase merchandise.
- Photo-based features such as a set of vintage and distressed photos that convert fan photos to the same style and coloring as Kenny’s album covers and music videos. On mobile versions, there is a “Photo of the Day” feature pulled from Kenny’s site that appears when the phone is tilted to its side.
- Preview and purchase Kenny’s albums on iTunes or Amazon, and listen without leaving the app.
- Other features include compatibility with Apple AirPlay and an “On the Road” section that highlights fan social media posts and photos.