Thomas Rhett released his self-titled EP to iTunes Tuesday and within hours, the debut project on The Valory Music Co. was at No. 1 on the Country Albums Chart. With a Top 15 debut single, “Something To Do With My Hands,” to his credit, he had a hand in co-writing all five songs on the EP.
Thomas Rhett’s next single, “Beer With Jesus,” is Billboard’s Hot Shot Debut this week. The song is about a hypothetical question: If you could have a beer with Jesus, what would you say? The track is officially set to release to radio on September 4 but it’s already getting rave reviews from stations who have heard it.
“From the first note it made the hair on my arms stand up,” Jeff Kapugi from WUSN in Chicago said. “This is a powerful song that is amazingly written – one that we will be playing at country radio for years and years.”
The son of singer/songwriter Rhett Akins, music has been a part of Thomas Rhett’s life for as long as he could remember. While in high school, he played in a band with a group of friends while dabbling as a songwriter. He signed his first publishing deal with EMI in 2010 while a student at Lipscomb University in Nashville. Shortly after, he landed his first cut on Jason Aldean’s My Kinda Party album with “I Ain’t Ready To Quit.” A year later, he signed a record deal with The Valory Music Co.
Thomas Rhett EP Track Listing/Songwriters:
1. “Something To Do With My Hands” (Thomas Rhett, Lee Thomas Miller, Chris Stapleton)
2. “Beer With Jesus” (Thomas Rhett, Rick Huckaby, Lance Miller)
3. “Front Porch Junkies” (Thomas Rhett, Brad Warren, Brett Warren, Mark Irwin, Josh Kear)
4. “Whatcha Got In That Cup” (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Craig Wiseman)
5. “Make Me Wanna” (Thomas Rhett, Bart Butler, Larry McCoy)