Sam Houston State University and The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), a division of IMG College and the University’s exclusive licensing agent, would like to remind Bearkat fans who are gearing up for the National Championship game in Frisco, Texas to look for the “Officially Licensed Collegiate Product” label when purchasing Sam Houston State merchandise.
It is important for consumers to feel confident the merchandise they purchase is officially licensed product of the highest quality. Royalties generated from the sale of officially licensed collegiate products go back to the University to enhance various initiatives on campus.
When purchasing Sam Houston State product, consumers should always look for the following characteristics to ensure the merchandise they purchase is officially licensed:
- All officially licensed merchandise should display the “Officially Licensed Collegiate Product” hologram somewhere on the product or hang tag.
- The merchandise should depict Sam Houston State logos and marks in a tasteful manner, as the University does not approve distasteful designs.
- The tag on the garment should be intact. A torn or missing tag is evidence of a second-hand garment, one that probably would not meet the stringent quality standards in place at the University.
- All merchandise should bear the name of the manufacturer somewhere on the product, either in the form of a hang tag or neck label, or should be screen-printed directly on the garment.
All merchandise should have the appropriate trademark designations (i.e. TM or ®) next to a specific name or design.
Licensed Sam Houston State merchandise is available at the following locations in Huntsville, surrounding areas, and on the Internet:
- SHSU Athletics Team Store: http://www.bearkatgear.com/
- Sam Houston State B&N Bookstore: 1805 Avenue J, Huntsville, TX 77341
- Bearkat Bookstore – three locations:
- 1108 16th Street, Huntsville, TX 77341
- 2222 Avenue I, Huntsville, TX 77341
- 2223 Avenue J, Huntsville, TX 77341
- 1420 N. Loop 336 W., Conroe, TX 77304
- 1360 Lake Woodlands Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- 7130 Eastex Frwy, Beaumont, TX 77708
- 2351 Earl Rudder Freeway South, College Station, TX 77845
Due to inventory levels, consumers should call ahead of time to make sure product is still available.
About the Collegiate Licensing Company
CLC is a division of global sports and entertainment company IMG. Founded in 1981, CLC is the oldest and largest collegiate licensing agency in the U.S. and currently represents nearly 200 colleges, universities, bowl games, athletic conferences, The Heisman Trophy and the NCAA. The mission of CLC is to be the guiding force in collegiate trademark licensing and one of the top sports licensing firms in the country. CLC is dedicated to being a center of excellence in providing licensing services of the highest quality to its member institutions, licensees, retailers and consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta (Ga.), CLC is a full-service licensing representative, which employs a staff of more than 80 licensing professionals who provide full-service capabilities in brand protection, brand management, and brand development. For more information on CLC, visit: www.clc.com or www.imgworld.com.