In the latest issue of US Weekly which hits shelves today, John Rich reveals 25 things his fans may not know about him. Among them? His Granny Rich makes all of his rhinestone stage clothes, he refers to his wife Joan as ‘Saint Joan’ and he just doesn’t see the point of Brazil nuts. He also admits why he’ll never be on Dancing With The Stars!
John Rich and Big Kenny, better known as Big Rich, released their latest album, Hillbilly Jedi, on September 18. It includes their current single, “That’s Why I Pray.” Read our review of Hillbilly Jedi
John Rich – 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I drink a gallon of water a day.
2. I once chopped my Achilles tendon in half on a bicycle pedal.
3. My Granny Rich makes my rhinestone stage clothes. She’s 80 and rawks!
4. My favorite artists: Johnny Cash and Frank Sinatra.
5. I refer to my wife, Joan, as “Saint Joan,” for obvious reasons.
6. My sons’ names are Cash and Colt.
7. I’ve written more than 2,000 songs.
8. I wrote “Redneck Woman” with my former bartender Gretchen Wilson.
9. I have a ’78 Smokey and the Bandit edition Trans Am.
10. I can change a diaper in 15 seconds flat!
11. I don’t see the point of Brazil nuts.
12. My grandfather was awarded six Purple Hearts in World War II.
13. I’d rather sleep on my tour bus than in a hotel room.
14. I have a swimming pool and a bar on the roof of my house in Nashville.
15. I also have a bar in my house — or as I say it, a house in my bar. It holds 300 people and has a disco saddle!
16. My first kiss took place in the back of a horse trailer.
17. I prefer charcoal to gas.
18. I can list all the presidents and all the books of the Bible.
19. I can also list the prepositions in alphabetical order.
20. I believe in pursuing happiness. I don’t believe it’s a right.
21. I do a pretty good Donald Trump impersonation.
22. My dad taught me to shoot when I was 5.
23. I own a Barrett .50-caliber sniper rifle.
24. I won’t ever do Dancing With the Stars because it doesn’t include the two-step!
25. Once, as I drove home from church in Amarillo, Texas, it actually rained frogs. Seriously.